1. The small close-knit group of experienced brokers that a boutique firm creates helps to facilitate the needs of each broker and therefore each need of their clients. With a boutique firm, you can guarantee that the entire office is dedicated to your best interest.
2. Boutique firms are extremely specialized businesses with a culture centered on customer service and professionalism.
3. The MLS technology is available to both large companies and boutique firms. Large real estate companies have high quality marketing products, just like a boutique firm. But, boutique firms are able to specialize their marketing even more than larger firms and can do so much quicker.
4. Boutique firms know that each client has different needs. Instead of focusing on the number of homes they purchase or sell, the boutique firm can concentrate on individualized customer service and will strive for your complete satisfaction.
5. Boutique firms are very selective when hiring their agents and have much higher agent loyalty and retention. The owner of a boutique firm is striving to cultivate an experienced and professional environment, which means only the best and most driven will be selected. At a boutique firm, you can expect each hand-picked broker to be proficient and dedicated to each client.
6. Boutique firms have strong local knowledge, credibility and connections.
7. Unlike a larger company, a boutique firm has something to prove and doesn’t have a large brand name to use as a source of their worth. Your boutique firm is eager to show their ability to complete with a larger firm.
8. Innovation and customization happen more quickly. Large companies have more “red tape” and company regulations that restrict the ability of your broker to be innovative.
9. A boutique firm offers instant communication with the company owner, allowing for quick and cutting edge customization in marketing your home. Most marketing is done in house, so your broker won’t need to wait for weeks before your home is represented in the marketplace.
10. Your transaction is always with your agent. Boutique brokers will see your transaction through from the beginning to the end. No paperwork or important information will be lost in the shuffle, so you can be assure that you are well represented throughout the entire process.
Courtesy of Chilton & Chadwick.